Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'll give it a try!

Since everyone in the family is blogging these days, I thought I would give it a try. Heather has given me some guidance but I am still in a state of confusion. I hope this will help me in my efforts to keep a journal of some sort.

This year is rapidly coming to a close so I will try and highlight what has taken place so far in 2008.

Daddy passed away on February 5th and life changed for all of us that day as we learned to live without his presence. He had been in failing health for many years so it wasn't unexpected but it was still a surprise when it happened.

Here is a picture of Daddy with Brent's children; Hannah, Brigham, Abby and Sadie.




He loved his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. Almost all of his family members were able to come for his funeral. He is greatly missed.




In April we took my mother to Hawaii for some R & R. She had not been able to travel for years because of my Dad's poor health so we thought this would do her some good. We met Linda and Don there as well as Emily, Geoff, Alex and Hayley. I don't think she enjoyed it as much as we were hoping. She hated the long plane ride and worried about going back home the whole time we were there. Here I am with Mother and Linda at the Dole Plantation.

We stayed on Waikiki Beach and had a view of the ocean from our room. This picture of Bill and I with Alex and Hayley is right across from our hotel.

Before going to the Polynesian Cultural Center we stopped at BYU Hawaii and the the Temple grounds. Here are Geoff, Emily, Linda, Don, Alex and Hayley in front of the temple.

No comments: